Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Topic Day


Today we used our writing morning to write Safari Poems about various animals that we saw yesterday. Once these have been written out properly I'll post them on here for all to see. Isabelle, Emily, Neve & Sophie got the smelly jelly bean stickers today for great poems although to be honest, they were all excellent!

This afternoon we listened to some African music (Alex gave us a rather funny dance to go along with it!) to identify African instruments. We talked about sound, shape and size of instruments and looked at some photos.

After that we started to make our own 'Gourd Shakers' from balloons and paper mache - exciting AND messy! Once they're dry we'll do a 2nd coat, put peas/lentils/rice or popcorn kernals inside then paint them - watch this space for photos in the coming weeks!

Can I go home for a rest now?! :-)

Miss Speirs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great day on Tuesday and the weather was good ! Gill. (Roberts Mum)

rhian said...

I love this Blog! I find out a lot more about Sophie's day than she'd every remember to tell me. Looks like you all worked hard and well done for writing great poems.

Steven and Clair's Dad said...

Steven said he enjoyed the trip and listening to the African music. I have some authentic African instruments that Steven can take in and show. I'll dig about, I'm sure I have pics of an African village I visited. Graham (Steven's Dad)

Andrew Jewell said...

Brilliant! Can't wait to hear you all shakin!

Mr J:)